Student Government Association EKU Danville
EKU Danville SGA
The purpose of the SGA at EKU Danville is to represent students attending classes on our campus. The SGA has the power of representation on issues specific to this extended campus, but it also is able to affect the entire university through the SGA umbrella. Examples of this include programs for the students at EKU Danville, lobbying for campus-specific improvements, and pushing for change at the entire university.
EKU Danville SGA Scholarship
The SGA Scholarship was established in 2002 by the student officers of the EKU Danville SGA to assist older students who might not be eligible for a many scholarships as students who begin college right out of high school. Currently, our students and staff have raised over $23,000 to support scholarships to these students. Five scholarships have been granted to EKU Danville students from this fund since 2005.
SGA Scholarship Guidelines
- Be at least 25.
- Have been enrolled at EKU Danville for at least two prior semesters and have earned a grade of "C" or better in all coursework, including developmental classes, for the prior two semesters.
- Have at least a 2.5 GPA overall.
- Be enrolled in a degree-seeking program.
- Enroll in at least one class at EKU Danville for the length of the scholarship.
- Take at least 6 credit hours per semester for the length of the scholarship.
- Disclose all other forms of financial aid for tuition, books, etc.
- Submit an application and other required paperwork by the date announced.